ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
FRIENDS OF SAN JACINTO MOUNTAIN COUNTY PARKS
The name of this corporation is:
FRIENDS OF SAN JACINTO MOUNTAIN COUNTY PARKS
The specific and primary purposes for which this corporation is formed are
(a) To assist, promote, advance, and develop the historical, scientific, educational, and cultural aspects pertaining to the Riverside County, California, area parks;
(b) The general purposes and powers are:
1. To solicit, collect, receive, acquire, hold, and invest money and property, both real and personal, including money and property received by gift, contribution, bequest, or devise; to sell and convert property, both real and personal, into cash; rents, issues, and profits derived from any property of this corporation for any purpose for which this corporation is formed;
2. To purchase, acquire, own, hold , sell, assign, transfer, dispose of, mortgage, pledge, hypothecate, or encumber, and to deal in shares, bonds, notes, debentures, or other securities as evidence of indebtedness of any person, firm, corporation, or association and, while the owner or holder of them to exercise all rights, powers, and privileges of ownership;
3. To purchase or acquire, own, hold, use, lease (either as lessor or lessee), sell, exchange, assign, convey, dispose of, mortgage, hypothecate, or encumber real and personal property;
4. To borrow money, incur indebtedness, and to secure repayment by mortgage, pledge, deed of trust, or other hypothecation of property, both real and personal;
5. To enter into, make, perform, and carry out contracts of every kind for any lawful purpose without limit on amount, with any person, firm, association or corporation, or municipality, county, state, territory, government (foreign or domestic), or other municipal or governmental subdivision; and
6. To do all things necessary, expedient, or appropriate to the accomplishment of any of the objects and purpose for which this corporation is formed.
(c) No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation , and the corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purpose and powers, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purpose of this corporation.
This corporation is organized under the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of the State of California.
The county in this state where the principal office for the transaction of the business of the corporation is to be located in Riverside County.
The general management of the affairs of this corporation shall be under the control and direction of the board of directors. The names and addresses of persons who are appointed to act in the capacity of directors until the selection of their successors in accordance with the corporate bylaws are:
DOUGLAS HAMILTON, 54821 N. Circle Drive, Idyllwild, Ca. 92349
ERNEST MAXWELL, 55170 San Jacinto Road, Idyllwild, Ca. 92349
ELIZABETH ROBINSON, 53068 McKinney Lane, Idyllwild, Ca. 92349
EWALD W. SCHNITZER, 55135 Pinecrest, Idyllwild, Ca. 92349
JOHN WANAMAKER, 53591 Rocky Way, Idyllwild, Ca. 92349
The number of directors may be fixed or changed from time to time by amendment of the articles of incorporation of this corporation, or by amendment of the bylaws of this corporation adopted by the vote of written assent of the member s of the corporation entitled to exercise a majority of the voting power, or the vote of a majority of a quorum at a meeting of members called pursuant to the bylaws.
The authorized number and qualifications of members of this corporation, the different classes of membership, if any, the property, voting, and other rights and privileges of members, and their liability to dues and assessments, and the method of collection of dues and assessments shall be set forth in the bylaws provided, however, that any bylaw fixing or changing the liability of the members of this corporation for dues and assessments may be adopted, amended, or repealed only by the vote or written consent of a majority of the voting members of this corporation.
This corporation is not organized, nor shall it be operated, for pecuniary gain or profit, and it does not contemplate the distribution of gains, profits, or dividends to its members and is organized solely for nonprofit purposes. The property, assets, profits, and net income of this corporation are irrevocably dedicated to historical, cultural, charitable, educational, or scientific purposes meeting the requirement of Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code, and no part of the profits or net income of this corporation shall ever inure to the benefit of any director, officer, or member, or to the benefit of any private shareholder of individual. On the dissolution or winding up of this corporation, its assets remaining after payment of , or provision for payment of, all debts and liabilities of this corporation shall be distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation, or corporation that is organized and operated exclusively for the historical, cultural, charitable, educational or scientific purposes meeting the requirements of Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code , and has established its tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal
Revenue Code of the United States am Section 23701d of the Revenue and Taxation Code of the State of California.
If this corporation holds any assets in trust, they shall be disposed of in such a manner as may be directed by judgment of the superior court of the county in which this corporation’s principal office is located, on petition by the Attorney General or by any person concerned in the liquidation , in a preceding to which the Attorney General is a party.
IN WITNESSWHEREOF, we, the undersigned, being the persons named herein above as the first directors, have executed these articles of Incorporation this 1st day of March 1978.
Ewald W. Schnitzer
State of California, County of Riverside:
On this March 1,1978, before me the undersigned, a Notary Public, personally appeared DOUGLAS HAMILTON, ERNEST MAXWELL, ELIZABETH ROBINSON, EWALD W. SCHNITZER and JOHN WANAKER, known to me to be the persons whose names are subscribed to these Articles of Incorporation, and acknowledged to me that they executed them.
Seal attached with the name of Richard M. Blake, Sr. Notary Public for the State of California
My commission expires August 12, 1978.